You may know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but did you know that it’s also National Pizza Month? October is chock-full of different celebrations, holidays, and observations, from the serious to just plain silly. Here are some you may or may not be familiar with:
- Emotional Wellness Month: We can all use a reminder of the importance of emotional health. Strategies for maintaining or improving your emotional health and resilience include managing stress, nurturing strong social connections, getting enough sleep and exercise, and having an optimistic outlook.
- Eat Better, Eat Together Month: Sharing meals with family and friends on a regular basis is good for you on many levels, strengthening your social bonds and releasing positive emotions.
- National Protect Your Hearing Month: This campaign raises awareness about noise-induced hearing loss and the steps you can take to protect your hearing. Hearing loss from loud noises is permanent, and many people don’t notice a hearing loss until it’s too late.
- Healthy Lung Month: Lung disease affects millions of Americans. Protect the health of your lungs by exercising, avoiding exposure to pollutants as much as possible, and prevent infections by staying up to date with vaccinations.
- National Liver Awareness Month: Learn about ways to protect your liver, such as eating a healthy diet, managing your medications, and limiting alcohol.
- National Book Month: Did you know that reading on a regular basis reduces stress, increases your vocabulary, and strengthens your brain? Celebrate your love of reading this month by starting a new book, visiting your library, and sharing a book with a family member or friend.
Follow us on Facebook where we regularly post about the months of awareness.
If you or someone in your family are facing aging challenges, please give us a call at (920) 740-8441 or email us at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to assist!